Job Opening: Loan Processor
- This position is primarily responsible for the processing of mortgage loans, but is also responsible for providing underwriting support for files within approval authority.
- Must be able to process multiple files within pipeline, all at different stages of the approval process. Take responsibility from start to finish of all files within pipeline.
- Performs all phases of processing Conventional, Construction, FHA and VA mortgage loans.
- Order, collect, verify and analyze all documentation required for submitting files to Underwriting for final loan approval. Then follow up with all third party vendors (appraisals, credit and title) to ensure delivery of required reports.
- Processes, underwrites and/or submits underwriting accurate and complete loan packages in a timely manner with minimal audit exceptions.
- Ability to make rational risk based decisions with regards to underwriting and processing determinations.
- Process loan packages to meet investor, OCMBC and PMI guidelines.
- Assures the loan packages are accurate and compliant with State and Federal Regulations, relating to RESPA, Reg Z, HMDA and Reg B.
- Provides timely responses to members’ inquiries and staff inquiries pertaining to loans in process.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of OCMBC’s loan programs and underwriting requirements.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services, by effectively cross-selling additional OCMBC products.
- Responsible for complying with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration renewal as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
- Must also be able to handle a pipeline of 40 +/- files and have them fully processed within 20 days for final loan approval on purchases and 25 days for refinances with accuracy. Exceptions must be clearly documented in the loan file.
- Ability to comprehend and clear AUS conditions/findings.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily work to meet deadlines and adjust to last minute changes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must hold general understanding of all the areas of the mortgage industry. Knowledge of and experience with FNMA/FHLMC, FHA and VA guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly attitude even when under pressure.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. College Degree a preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience processing and/or originating investor quality first mortgage loans.
- We are providing an aggressive salary plus commission for the right candidate.
Teaming up with a company who excels in experience, service, offerings and opportunities is key to your success.
Our team is here to help make getting a mortgage easy. We’re available on your schedule over text, email, or phone.
In our blog, HMAC Team Equal Home Lending aim to Satisfy the home-buying process & arm you with valuable and actionable insight.